Friday, January 28, 2005

message from Will Perish

E-MAIL FROM WILL PERISH (jglb status: inactive) received at jglb@tampabay.rr.com 1-27-05

Dear Johnny -
I went to the JGLB blog, but found that I can only add "comments" to previously posted nonsense.
As an esteemed alumni member and humble servant of the Biosonic and Social Phenomena currently known as JGLB, I find myself unable to enter into dialog on the coattails of some irrelevant tripe offered up in obvious haste to the ever-anxious and barely discriminating public.
When one leaves any of our country's military forces, (for example), as an officer, one expects better positioning in life's struggles against the ruins of society and the endless pursuits of maniacs, than that of a mere infantryman.
When I joined this Good Fight back in '81, I was dragged, against my will, to battle local guerilla forces, (mostly toothless ones), in such remote areas as Old Town, (on the Suwannee River), the flesh-market strip along North Nebraska Avenue, and even the slums of West Tampa, (which have come a long way since the days of the Buffalo Roadhouse).
Our flag read "Piled High" in those days.
A few years later, during an additional stint in the JGLB service, (after I was drafted from a relatively successful civilian life once again), I was thrown into the foxholes along 7th Avenue pitted against huge frenzied swarms of emotionally excited multi-cultural citizens with nothing but an old $75 bass guitar to defend myself with. I saw my life flash before my face many times during this campaign. Along with my bandmates, I witnessed street shootings, parades of transvestites, spotlight-seeking police officers, breasts of all shapes bared by the dozens, unscrupulous club owners and short-weighted contraband.
Of course, I am proud that the Tradition has perpetuated thus far - the current line-up of the band is as capable and talented as any before it.
And I am also proud to report that when I visited JGLB headquarters, whether at the clubhouse formerly known as Johnny G's, or in the General's Office reading old newspapers and playing Fantasy Football, I was met with respect and dignity, (after I chased down Johnny on Hillsborough Avenue as he fled from what he claims he thought was a
hobo.)
So I respectfully request a more appropriate entry into the forum known as "blog", (a term obviously created by someone with very low self-esteem). I seek membership in what this "blog" refers to as your "team members", of which there is only currently one other than you.
This would allow me to post important and self-serving memos without waiting for something interesting enough and worthy of my reply to be posted by others.
Thank-you,
Will Perish
P.S. Feel free to post this verbatim. I am not afraid of public disclosure.