Monday, June 13, 2005

THE Museum

There's a few people on this planet that I got a lotta respect for. I mean, this is a respect beyond reverence, beyond idolatry. I happen to think that these people were placed on this earth to make it a better place, and the world really would be a different place without them.

Top of the list: The KING of The Blues, Mister B! B! KING!

BB King is my favorite all time musician to such a degree, that Malvern Gasperon is my second favorite.

Malvern Gasperon is a fictional bluesman, a role played in the Movie Blues Brothers 2000 by The KING of The Blues, Mister B! B! KING!

Anyway, There's now a NEW museum in Indianola Mississippi: The BB KING MUSEUM! (speaker alert: watch for music) The song you will hear "3 O'Clock Blues," was recorded in 1949.

Soon, I will write a post about the song "How Blue Can You Get," as heard on the 1972 album "BB King Live at Cook County Jail," which I believe is the best guitar playing I have ever heard. Another version of that song is what I call the "We Are The World" of the Blues, and I will explain why i feel that way.

Funny thing: from all I can tell, BB is just as great as an 80 year old as he's ever been. His vocal power and guitar wizardry / dexterity are as profoundly awesome as ever.

Congrats to the Greatest of All, BB KING. (speaker alert!) I gotta visit Indianola sometime soon, who else would like to go?