Thursday, May 12, 2005

mp3 of the week

e-mail me for this week's mp3 of the week

This week's mp3 of the week: "Keep My Light Shining" by Johnny G Lyon. It's just a demo. We used no tape, no drums, no guitar amps. It was recorded on a computer and mixed to CD, hence no tape. The drums are a computer programmed and played by (Johnny), hence no (real) drums. The guitars were played through an effects processor, hence no amps. Highly different for me.

You may have heard us perform this song at our Lowry Park concerts a few years ago. The guitar starts it out, reminicient of "Spirit in the Sky." some of the lyrics: "You know, sometimes this old town... well, it sure starts to bring me down... but I know... I got to keep my light shinin'!" "I try to do things like I should... but it just turns out no good... still I know... I got to keep my light shinin'!"

I hope to get back in the studio soon, and i will get some real good mp3's for mp3 of the week.