Sunday, February 06, 2005

McCartney

I am looking forward to the McCartney halftime show. It could be awesome.
Disclaimer / Disclosure: this man has produced some real garbage. I don't wanna hear "Listen What The Man Said" or "Jet." But I am of the opinion that there are 5 great "original rockers" left alive: Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Mick Jagger, and McCartney.
Here's what I'd like to see: FIRST WORDS OUT OF HIS MOUTH: "I'M GONNA TELL AUNT MARY ABOUT UNCLE JOHN!" MUCH BEATLES and i mean ROCKIN Beatles! CAN'T BUY ME LOVE! and maybe: "CLOSE YOUR EYES AND I'LL KISS YOU!" BEATLES 64/65 TOUR VIDEO! GIRLS SCREAMING! tributes to JOHN and GEORGE! and then: special guests: FIRST : RINGO PLAYING DRUMS and singing "BOYS!" and then the grand finale: LITTLE RICHARD! LUCILLE! WOOOOOOOOO!
ok, he'll probably have to do "Yesterday" and "Hey Jude" but keep 'em short.
Now if the show is anything like that, i will love it. Well, it probably won't be. It will probably have a lot of his cheesy crap.
But I guess: the Beatles are the reason I am what I am. in 1964/65 10 year old Johnny Lyon went over to my 14 year old cousin's house on a Sunday night. She was in front of the TV, crying uncontrollably.
It was the Beatles (on Ed Sullivan).
I HAD TO GET A GUITAR!